Wednesday, February 17, 2010



















If there was an over-packer anonymous group, I could be the President.


It doesn’t matter if I am going for a weekend or a two-week trip, I always over-pack and still never have the right thing to wear. So, if you are getting ready for a honeymoon or a girls’ weekend, I have no advice - except that you will wear half of what you bring, you will buy something wonderful to wear at your destination, and you will repeat your favorite outfits.

When we travel to Florida - I bring the classy outfit to wear to my parents club, the perfect jeans in case I run into any old high school friends, work-out gear, cute short sets, and find that I live in my bathing suit, cover-up, pajama sweats and a tank top. I have been known to pack several different strapless bras because each one works with a different top. It is a disease. The hysterical part is that I actually plan, and it takes me an entire day to pack because I organize my shoes, purses, jewelry, and of course, my ChaChaBella rings!

Experts tell you to roll your clothes, in order to save on space and wrinkles. You can even watch “How to Pack” on You Tube, which at least makes me feel like I am not alone. I have decided when I travel to Paris in the spring, that I am only bringing black and white clothing. This will reduce my purse, shoes, and jewelry options freeing up luggage room for my future purchases. It may be boring, but I will be practical. I am sure no matter how neat and organized I am anyway, my luggage will get chosen by security for further inspection, thus messing up my tidy bag.

Don’t even get me started on toiletries. I am a health and beauty junkie - so I have product for curly hair, straight hair, lotions for this and that, different sunscreens, makeup for day and night, nail products, and then all the regular everyday must have items. As you know, this doesn’t fit well in the one, little plastic bag approved by the airlines if you are carrying on your luggage. This is just another reason to drive, yet that doesn’t work well when traveling overseas. So, I have had to modify by going more natural, and hoping the alcohol consumed by others and myself will make me look better! *Tip: A ChaChaBella ring on your finger always makes you feel confident and in style!

If you can relate to my over-packing and always spend time on your trip, re-organizing your suitcase, drop me a line at s@chachabella.com so I know I am not alone!